Thursday, July 26, 2018

April 2018 | A New Chapter

Tears, anger and hurt tainted the early part of April. It was a difficult process of letting go and rebounding. What I thought was real at the start of the month turned out to be another biting experience, until I decided that I had enough. That was when life changed its course, and things started to fall into place. My heart was full, I had everything I ever wanted and I believed once again that if things were meant to be, it would be.



Here are some highlights:

1. The Script Concert

Attended yet another concert this year. CL and I booked the tickets to The Script's Freedom Child tour months prior and as someone who enjoy their songs greatly, I was really looking forward to it. The concert was so mesmerising and the songs, which were already perfect on recording, sounded even better live. It was the energy of the band and the crowd that made the whole

The concert was so mesmerising and they presented one of the best fan services I had ever experienced. During one of the sets, Dan walked up to the seating areas to be up close and personal with the audience. This is something that I have definitely not seen from majority of the popular bands. 


2. Atrium Farewell

Said goodbye to our most favorite drinking spot as we celebrated our beloved bartender's last working day. It felt like an end of an era. Those night outs with pre-drinks at home, uber-ing to Bang Bang for the guest list chop, second round of drinks at Atrium and then dancing until morning at Bang Bang. I have missed those blurry nights with all the laughter and tears that was Pan Pacific. Countless memories, both good and bad, but as with everything, it's time to move on. Thank you for the experiences and the Supercharges

3. Oddle Pajama Party

In an attempt to make work more exciting, we decided to dress up in our pajamas to work. It was quite funny and nice to do this type of team bonding event. Just one of the last few events while I was in Oddle. 

4. Leaving Oddle

One of the biggest happenings in April was me leaving Oddle - the company I have been with for the past 4 years. Oddle was a valuable experience and a wonderful memory. I broke the news to my direct supervisor and the founders in mid-April and I spent the remaining of the month, handing over whatever was left for me to hand over. It was a bittersweet feeling, leaving a place where I was so comfortable at. Nonetheless, at that moment, I felt that it was the time for me to move on in my career, and explore another role in another industry. I could not be more thankful to the company for taking in a naive and blur intern like me four years ago, and molded me into who I am today. 

5. Love

I was told that loving and being together with someone would not be easy. I had believed that it would take so much effort, tear and heartache to make things work. Yet, he proved me otherwise. With him, loving was easy and effortless. It was as if we were meant to be. Things happened quickly and fuss freely, and I had never been happier. He filled that teeny void in me and inspired me to be a better version of myself. I was thankful for all the heartbreaks in the past. For only with those heartbreaks that I found myself with him. 

I was so glad things turned out the way they did. I knew life would not just be sunshine and bed of roses. Still, I would cherish whatever I had and I would remind myself time and again to be grateful for whatever I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment